Formatting Keystrokes in Outlook Express

  • From: "Wade Hemmelrick" <cybershark35@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:40:09 -0600

The only way in which you can apply underlining in Outlook Express is to
first select the desired text, and hit ALT+O to open the Format Menu. Then
press F for Font. Hit ALT+U to check the Underline checkbox (or find the
checkbox manually and press SPACEBAR). Tab to or arrow down to the OK button
and press ENTER to apply the effect. In order for this formatting to work,
your OE message should be composed in HTML. This does not work in plain
text. Furthermore, (depending on which JAWS version you are running with
OE), the underline attribute may or may not read back when the JAWS INSERT+F
keystroke is activated. Also, I have found that you can use the CTRL+B and
CTRL+I keystrokes for applying Bold and Italic styles, respectively. For
more information, see your JAWS and Outlook Express Help systems, along with
any relevant JAWS TSN's on the FS Web site.--WH