For A Change, A Good Thing About 7.1

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:06:15 -0500

Hi All:

I'm using JFW 7.1.  I have a Microsoft Access database which I need to
use that has a lookup combo box field to look up entries.  In versions
before JFW 7, you could press alt-down arrow and this box would open up,
then you could scroll down through it with the down arrow and the
entries would be spoken.  In JFW 7, this was broken such that the
entries were not spoken when scrolling through them.  I'm glad to see
that FS has fixed this problem in 7.1 so these items are spoken.  I use
a lot of combo boxes in Access and I need to be able to hear what I'm
reading as I navigate through them.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)