Re: Finding a Sender's Email Address

  • From: "David The Wild-thing!" <d.h.whitehead@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 04:41:27 -0500

good morning all;

well, I was looking through some of my notes yesterday, and?

I found this useful hint.
I'm running windows XP, and Jaws version 5.1.

I will paste the note below.

This Script works for Jaws 37U and 3.71.  This script is to be used while in
an open message.  This will copy the name of the person, with their email
address in the properties.  Note, this assumes that you do not have your BCC
field turned on.  If you do, you will need to add another shift tab and tab
to the script.

To do this, first back up your settings enu folder.  Please read the helpful
hint Script Files - Back up the settings enu folder.

The following script must be copied into your "msoe.jss" file and
recompiled.
Instructions for adding script to your "msoe.jss" script:
1.  Copy the script below these instructions to the clipboard with
control+C.
2.  In Outlook Express press insert+0 (use the zero on the numbers row) this
will bring up the script editor and put you in the "msoe.jss".
3.  Hit control+end this will take you to the bottom of the file.
4.  Hit enter once or twice, to insert a couple of blank lines.
5.  Hit control+v this will paste the contents of the clipboard to the
"msoe.jss" file.
6.  Now place your cursor any where within the script ReplyToSender and
hit control+d this will take you to the "msoe.jsd".
7.  Type in the name of the script ReplyToSender.
8.  Hit tab this will put you on the "can be attached to key", this should
be checked, if it is not hit "space bar" to check.
9. Hit tab this will take you to the "synopsis" where you can put in a
short description if you want.
10. Tab three times to the "assign short cut key" field and press the
keystroke you want to use for the script.  Such as Control+Insert+R.
11. Tab to the okay button and enter.  This will take you back to the script
editor.
12.  Press control+S to compile your changes.
13.  Hit alt+f4 this will put you back in OE and you are done.

The script to copy starts below this line.

Script ReplyToSender ()
var
handle hwnd
SpeechOff ()
let hwnd = FindDescendantWindow (GetRealWindow (GetFocus ()), From_Field2)
if !(IsWindowVisible (hwnd)) then
SpeechOn()
SayString ("Must be in an open message")
return 0
endif
SetFocus (hwnd)
{control+a}