RE: Faxxing with JAWS12

  • From: "L Fairman" <lfairman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:10:41 -0800

Dave,
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.
After looking through my machine, and a Google search, it appears that the
handy faxing capability that was available in earlier editions of Windows,
is only in the higher-end editions of Vista (Business/Ultimate/Enterprise).

My (low-end) Vista does have a fax viewer -- Windows Photo Gallery -- but
apparently no fax sending.

In fact, because my Openbook 8 only reads the first image in a TIFF file,
I'm using Windows Photo Gallery to open my incoming fax TIFFs. Then from
there, I print the file to the freedom Import Printer.  Coming at it that
way, Openbook reads multi-page TIFFs just fine.

Bottom line:  I guess I'll stay with my $1 per month faxaway.com account,
since that is working nicely for both outgoing and incoming faxes.

Thanks!
LuRetta

  _____