FS Reader

  • From: "Jack Lowe" <akronjack1982@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 21:10:08 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Well, there seems to be some confusion about the FS reader.  There are a few
points that I feel are worth making.  First of all,  The daisy files don't have
a file extension associated with them.  For example, .wav or .mp3.  This
program
operates in a totally different way than an MP3 player.  I would recommend that
you go to the desktop and open the FS reader demo.  But before you start to
play
any of the files, hit the alt button and right arrow to audio, then arrow down
to see the list of hot keys you'll use to work the program.  With FS reader,
you
can jump from section to section with the tap of a key command.  Remember fast
forwarding through cassettes and looking for the beep to find the next section?
Well, this does the same thing, but you don't have to fast forward or rewind.
You jump to the next section with a simple key command.
Here are just a few of the hot keys for FS reader.
Play/pause, control P.
Stop, control S.
Rewind, comma.
There are more than this, but you get the idea.  One thing I can tell you, you
won't hurt anything by just hitting keys and seeing what they do.  It does take
a little time to learn the program, but it's not hard.  I hope that this helped
a little.  Jack