Re: European JAWS users, German 6.10 Quella is out

  • From: Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:30:37 +0530

Hi,
<snip
Since the version released over here is very clearly indicated as jaws
6.10, what makes you assume it is actually a jaws 6.0 in disguise?
PL] a typing error. I meant to type 6.10.

Pranav

on Sunday 6/12/2005 12:36 PM, Chipmunks said:

No, actually, there never was an international version of jaws 6.0 but the
international one is based on the US 6.10 one. The European versions often
come out several months after the U.S. ones and people over here in general

get fewer versions than those in English speaking countries. For example,
there also never was a German jaws 4.5.0 but only a 4.51 and the important
patch that fixed the memory leak for jaws 4.51 was never released to
European users of jaws.

I guess one reason for there being fewer European versions is that the
scripts need to be trnaslated into the different target languages for the
localized versions over here.  Still, it seems unfair at times to pay a
much higher price for jaws and get fewer versions. <g>

Since the version released over here is very clearly indicated as jaws
6.10, what makes you assume it is actually a jaws 6.0 in disguise?

Cheers,

Doris