Re: Eloquence pronounces things differently in different apps

  • From: "Bruce Toews" <Bruce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:20:45 -0500

I can shed light on what is happening here, but I can not explain why it
should be different from one application to the next.
The British convention for writing a date is to put the month after the
date, as in three December. For whatever reason, and I've seen this
happen, Eloquence is interpreting the d e c as being the abbreviation
for December. So it's seeing 3 space d e c, assuming you mean the third
of December, and, in accordance with your date settings, saying December
third. Again, why this should happen in one application and not another,
I do not know, but that's the basis for what is happening.

Bruce

Alternative archives located at: