Easiest way to proof read in Word (The end. I hope.)

  • From: Edward Marquette <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:37:54 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Two quick points to follow-up my post earlier on the subject of proof reading
in Word.
1.  I did not intend to stir up any controversy with the two spaces at the end
of sentences comment.  Although that is the convention I follow, I only meant
that Word's automatic capitalization, I have found, gets confused if two spaces
are not used.
2.  Someone correctly pointed out that the capitalization reading option under
Text Processing in the Configuration Manager is a combo box, permitting one to
choose only one capitalization enounciation mode.  The fourth choice, in JFW
6.2, however, allows one to recognize capitalization by "character, word, and
line."  So, you can pick all three, but you do it in an odd sort of way.  I do
not know how far back this 4th combo box option was made available in JAWS, but
it is definitely there in 6.2.
 Happy computing.
Ed