Dust bunnies were clogging up my Gmail or Gmail is no longer stuttering with Jaws10

  • From: Ann <tate886@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 21:16:43 -0400

Hi folks,

Okay, as some of you may know, I've posted a few times in the last year or so complaining that, when using the New Version of the Gmail web interface, Jaws10 stutters so badly that it makes the site unusable. well, I've fixed that, and I wasn't even specifically trying to fix it.

The culprit...dust bunnies. Yes, I said dust bunnies. I new that my poor old work horse of a cheap wallmart desktop computer was a little dusty on the inside, but until i opened it up to replace a bad cable today, I had no idea how bad it had actually gotten. Well, a little compressed air and a pinch of endust for electronics and now I can use the Modern version of Gmail's interface again.

I can't believe it was just dust. Still, I wonder why it only affected the Gmail site and no other. But, Jaws now just purrs along without even a hiccup.

Just wanted to share the good news.

~Ann
Alternative archives located at: