Re: Drag and Drop

  • From: "Vicki Wherry" <amethyst17@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 06:43:11 -0700

Here are the steps from moving to the desktop to the start menu. You can
apply them for other situations as well.

Vicki

Dragging from Desktop to Start menu

Route Jaws to Pc on the item you want to drag.
Do control + insert + numpad slash.
It should say drag.
Tab from desktop to start menu. Do not go directly to the start menu with
the windows Key, and do not press enter on start button.
Once on the start button. turn PC back on and, do a control + insert +
numpad slash again.
The item should now appear on the start menu when going there with the
windows key.
If there is an error message when you try to use the start menu shortcut
telling you that the shortcut cannot be found, it will search for the
program or document and ask you if you want to use this source for the
shortcut. Say yes, and everything should work after that. This error message
may pop up if you've have moved something from your desktop, and then you
have deleted the icon.