Re: Downloaded 8, should I also downlod upgrades?

  • From: tickpub@xxxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:33:00 -0800

Hey, that is sweet! Now that was a nice change that I didn not know of
and a good one too!
Thanks

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:55:20 -0600 Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Hi. you're up-to-date, everything's fine.
>    Now here's the important part to remember though.  When an update
>
> to JAWS is released, don't go back to the website. you don't have
> to.
> To update JAWS, go to your JAWS window with insert j, and then go to
>
> the help menu and then arrow down until you hear check for updates
> and press enter.
> JAWS will then go out to the internet and check to see if any
> updates
> are available.  JAWS will display a message telling you this very
> thing.  Ok, after this happens, one of two things will
> happen.  Either you'll get a dialogue box with an ok button telling
>
> you that no updates are available. or, you'll get another dialogue
> box with an update for JAWS. to download it, simply hit the space
> bar
> on it and the item should say checked. in other words, you may hear,
>
> update to JAWS 8.0 not checked. to check it simply press the space
> bar. and then press alt plus i for the install button.  JAWS will
> then go download your update and install it for you. You'll be asked
>
> to reboot your computer, so please do so.  After that, you'll be up
>
> to date.  But you won't have to do any of that now because you
> already are. I just thought i'd give you the proceedure for what
> happens when you *do* update JAWS again.
>

> When a new version of JAWS comes out, that's how it goes!
>

> At 12:34 AM 1/31/2007, you wrote:
> >Hi all again, if I just downloaded 8 does this automatically
> download the
> >latest version or do I have to now download the fixes. My tech
> just
> >downloaded the 8, is there more yet?
> >Thanks,
> >MMM
> >--
> >JFW related links:
> >JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/
> line.
> >Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw
> >
> >If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
> >list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
> >list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >

> >__________ NOD32 2023 (20070131) Information __________
> >
> >This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
> >http://www.eset.com
>
> --
> JFW related links:
> line.
>
> If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
> list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
> list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!