Re: DF converter, Giveaway of the Day

  • From: Zaheer Sheikh <cybergeek2020@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 19:30:22 -0500

Hi Adrian,

Today I converted two more PDF documents into HTML, and once again
every thing went smooth on my PC. Maybe because I am running Windows 7
beta on my PC, and I have installed Jaws 10 without tandum.

Today I tried to install the PDF converter on my Windows XP machine,
but I was not able to install the software on that computer because
the free software giveaway authorization was expired. However, I found
some tricks that you can try on your PC.

1. Start the PDF Converter Application.

2. Press CTRL+O. This will open a new window to brows files, just
select the PDF file that you would like to convert, and tab to "Open",
and hit enter.

3. Now, Tab to "Output format", and select the extention type by
pressing up or down arrow.

4. Tab to "Open target directory after conversion", and uncheck the checkbox.

5. Press F2. This will convert the PDF file.

6. After few seconds a popup message will confirm that the PDF file
has converted successfully. Press spacebar to close this message.

7. Finally, press ALT+F4, or CTRL+Q to close the PDF converter Application.

If you still encounter error messages on your PC, you can try running
the application with Narrator. Good thing is that you do not have to
use the Jaws key for this application.

Hope this works.

Zaheer Sheikh

www.jfwcc.co.cc

On 3/3/09, Gary King <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Giveaway of the DayI installed PDF Converter on my XP Home system.  It
> crashed consistently when using JAWS 10.  It did not crash when using
> Window-Eyes 7.01.  I had to route the mouse pointer to what Window-Eyes
> called a custom control in order to start the conversion.
>
> I converted a cell phone manual to 2 different formats, html and rtf.  The
> text on the pages, which was in columns, read better in the rtf format.
>
> Gary King
> w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alternative archives located at: