Customizing Punctuation Again

  • From: "Lorana" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 05:50:22 -0600

In a program I use at work, negative numbers are shown in parentheses; thus,
(123.25) should be read as -123.25.

I tried to accomplish this with customized punctuation.  There even looks to
be an advanced setting that says"numeric negator text", which seems to be
what I want, but no matter what I do, when JAWS sees parentheses, it won't
say minus.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help?

Thanks.

Lora