Cursor problem with Focus Braill display

  • From: "Maryse Glaude-Beaulieu" <m_glaude-beaulieu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:29:51 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm using the Braille keyboard on the Focus 40, because due to my cerebral
palsy on the right side, I can't use the QWERTY keyboard effectively.
However, when I type, there is a delay between the moment I type and the
moment the cursor stops at the end of my typed text. However, the cursor
"behaves" well for sighted people; they can easily see where I'm at. At
first, I thought the keyboard was ot responding well, but that doesn't seem
to be the problem. I'm using JFW 9 with Word 2007, Outlook 2007, etc. As a
translator, I need to see where my cursor is!

Also, can someone please explain to me how on earth to screw the keyboard
stand on the Focus? I ha no idea how this works! Even a sighted technician
can't help!

Thanks for all your help!

Maryse