RE: Conflicts with Jaws?

  • From: "Eric Patterson" <ericp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 14:08:52 -0700

Crystal:

        The only thing I can think of that would affect your ability to run
Jaws is
the video card.  In the past when I have talked to Freedom Scientific, I had
been told that the NVIDIA Jeforce IV would not work with JFW.  Users who
tried to install Jaws on a computer with that particular video card would
get video intercept errors.  Personally, I would recommend the Gateway 450x.
It ahs an ATI video card, which I have successfully gotten to work with
Jaws.  In addition, I like the arrangement of the keyboard.  I have also
heard good things about Dell computers including the Inspiron 1100.  The
advantage of the gateway is that it has a longer battery life.  Does anyone
else have any comments.  Thanks.

Eric