Coding Google Docs

  • From: John Martyn <johnrobertmartyn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:35:45 -0800

Ok well the score so far with google docs is Google Docs, 1, and Me, 0. I did
get some things to respond but I am trying to find a way to identify controls
or buttons in a document. That demonstration video only covered just getting
into a document. Once you are in, that's another story. Application mode in
internet explorer is quite elusive. I can identify list items once menus are
open which is a good thing. The handles of the window are not identifyable. It
acts like an embedded item, which it is of course. The point is, unless I
figure out if the window allows me to gather information based on what we want
to do, this is going to be a short round. I am not done evaluating it, it will
just take a little more time to explore the scripting options. Maybe another
few days before we know it's beyond our control. The jaws cursor reads nicely
though. That is on our side. I notice it is sometimes unwilling to focus on
portions of editing text unless you trick it.
Well, I have homework to do now, so I'll report back later.