Re: Checking for first line indent using Jaws

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:33:12 -0700

thanks.  I never noticed that function.  Is it in version 6.2, which I'm
still running?  The method someone else told me is nice, too, just pressing
alt delete while you're on the first line of a paragraph to tell you how far
in that line starts.  I don't mind the "manual" nature of this, because it
was about wanting to be able to go from paragraph to paragraph and check,
not have something like this announced automatically during a "say all."
But knowing this method you suggest is bound to come in handy, too, in some
documents and situations.  Whew.  I was feeling uncomfortably helpless about
this issue before I asked, because I was editing someone else's manuscript
and realized I wasn't sure if they'd followed the convention of indenting
the first line, if they weren't double spacing between paragraphs to set
them off in block form.  that being more the computerese style, which isn't
appropriate for more traditional writing projects.

thanks again.