Can't use caps lock and insert at the same time.

  • From: "Matthew Bullis" <matthewbullis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:12:50 -0700

Hello, I've found no workaround for this in version 6. I just installed the
new version, and I had previously been using the laptop keyboard layout
since I got a laptop a little over a year ago. I quickly got use to the
keyboard layout of the laptop, and was able to plug in a full-size keyboard
when desired. I was then able to use the caps lock key on the laptop for
Jaws functions, while still being able to use the insert key on the
full-size keyboard. I kept the keyboard setting on laptop. I find that when
I'm using the desktop computer, that I tend to use a combination of the caps
lock and the insert key in the laptop setting, depending on what function
I'm asking of Jaws. Now I find that in version 6 that I can't use both
modifier keys. I must choose either or. I looked through the configuration
manager, but found no setting that would affect this problem. Is there a
workaround, or is this not possible in the current version?
Thanks a lot.
Matthew

Tired of HotMail? Try Runbox. 1 gig of storage for a reasonable price.
Use this link as your referral.
http://1362.runbox.com