Re: Can anyone tell me what this is?

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:21:47 -0500

The dongle version of JAWS is also frequently used by those who need to use
JAWS in a support capacity.  For example, with the dongle version installed
on say, 100 PCs, when I go to such a machine and insert my USB dongle, I can
then launch and use JAWS as long as needed.  When finished, I remove my
dongle and go on my way.  It is not just for computers that don't have a
floppy drive.  Imagine what a pain it would be to always install and remove
an authorization with a diskette if you had a lot of computers to support
and you will understand the real intention of the dongle.  It is also my
understanding, or this was true at one time, that some if not all overseas
versions of JAWS use a diskette or USB dongle to routinely run JAWS, whereas
others of us install an authorization from a diskette to routinely run JAWS.
-Greg Epley