CD creator

  • From: "Judith Bron" <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:07:27 -0500

I just got a CD burner and these are the directions the tech gave me:

1  To format a brand new CD:  Insert Cd

control f ? (enter cd name)

Press en

ter- the cd is formatted.

2.  To copy files:

open my documents

scroll to file you want to copy

Alt f scroll down to send to

Press enter

Select direct CD

Press enter ? File is now copied to CD.

3.  To look up files on CD:

window logo R

type e: enter

tab to file list and use right arrow to find CD contents.

   When he was here last week these directions worked perfectly but today, with
a brand new disc I just tried following them to copy a manuscript to the CD and
I got an error message when I hit the enter key.  It said that for some reasn
the file could not be duplicated.  I changed the name of the file thinking that
it had been scratched or something but it still didn't work.  Any advice?
Thanks, Judith