Re: [Bulk] any hints for using ITunes 10 with Jaws

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:33:19 -0800

The ITunes interface is accessible with JAWS -- it's just that the page is not
only cluttered, it initially seems very disorganized and meaningless. Also
elements like radio buttons and lists do not always behave like those on
standard web pages, but Enter and spacebar do work to select and change
selections.
F6 really helps to get you from one major block to another.
When you land on "sources"  you are in a list that will change the layout of
the display to match the purpose: music, podcasts, store, radio, etc. When your
device is connected, it will also appear in this list. Once you've selected a
specific item, use f6 and tab to get an idea of what is being presented.

To make a playlist on your computer, f6 to sources and arrow to playlist. Then
Ctrl+n to create a new one. Give it a name and press Enter. Make sure you're
pointing to it and then f6 to get to "button search playlist edit". tab just
once and you're in a list that's empty. This is where I paste a collection of
music files for the playlist.

That's all I'll go into as this is a good time for the student to begin
exploring on their own.

One last point is that most of the elements on the page are accessible with
JAWS as long as you use F6 and the tab key. I've not had to resort to using the
JAWS cursor at all.

Dave
Composed on a Dell Latitude 630 in the general vicinity of my Audio Recording
and Mixing Studios, San Francisco Bay Area.