Re: [Bulk] Windows Media Player 11

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:34:04 -0700

If you want your computer to react differently when inserting a CD, you need
to use Windows Explorer to highlight the volume (i.e. D: E:, etc.) and right
click or press the applications key. You should then be able to select the
Auto Play option. Then that dialog will help you decide what action will
take place (or always ask you) when inserting various types of recorded or
blank media.

For example on my computer I have one DVD writer set to always play any
media inserted, a CD writer set to always rip when a music CD is inserted,
and the other DVD writer to prompt me when anything is inserted. That allows
me to select which of the tree drives I want and get the result I need
without excess fiddling around.

Hope this helps.

Dave