Beginner to Excel question

  • From: "Mike & Barbara In Arcadia" <mb69mach1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 08:38:16 -0800

Hi All;

Let me preface this by stating that I don't know sqwat about Excel but, I am
now attempting to learn.  Here is my problem.  When I open a, .XLS file, my
arrow keys don't work most of the time.  I thought that checking the box in
the configuration manager for showing the virtual viewer on screen , might
have fixed the problem.  Although, I don't have the slightest idea what
checking that box could have done!  If I reboot the computer and open an,
.XLS file, then the arrow keys will work.  I am running XP Home, Office 2002
Home, & Jaws10 thru 12 latest.  Would someone please tell me what could be
possibly wrong  to make these arrow keys not work correctly & consistently?
I am using all the default settings, except for that virtual viewer thing.
All help will be desperately appreciated / accepted.  This arrow thing is
driving me up a freaking wall & Doctor Phil under his couch!  Thanks much.
Take care.
Mike