Re: Avast 6 and jaws?

  • From: Peter Holdstock <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:23:15 +0100

You'd need sighted assistance as you won't have speech as the sound drivers won't load. Press F8 repeatidly just as windows is about to start loading. A menu will come up giving the option of going in to safe mode. Then try uninstalling from programmes and features or add and remove programmes depending on which flabour of windows your using.

From what you said though it should all be working fine with JAWS. What exactly are you having problems with?

Peter

-----Original Message----- From: smart.eze@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:33 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Avast 6 and jaws?

I have the latest version of Jaws12 on XP Home machine.
But how do I start the computer on safe mode and uninstal Avast as you are suggesting?
Thanks and regards,  Smart