RE: Audio Enriched Links followup

  • From: "jim grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:03:23 -0700

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Peter Parente
[parente@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 1:42 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Audio Enriched Links for JAWS

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a research project called Audio Enriched Links. The idea
is that users can be more efficient in browsing the web when they know
what's coming up on the next link before they visit it. I've developed
an addon for JAWS for Windows that does exactly that. A user can focus
on a link and request a preview of the web page on the side of the link
including its title, how much of it is images, paragraphs, tables, etc.,

how many HTML errors it has, if the page is on the same website or not,
etc.

For more information, please see http://www.cs.unc.edu/~parente/ael JAWS

4.51 and higher and Internet Explorer 5-6 are currently supported.

The addon is free for download and open source. Please read the
disclaimer on that web page so you understand that this is a very early
version of the software and probably has some pretty big bugs.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Pete