Re: Attachments on this list wasRe: Windows XP, JFW 6.2 and Balloons

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:15:33 -0700

chiming in:  Jaws saw and announced an attachment when the message appeared
in my inbox but, as often happens, when I opened the message and used the
Insert A command to actually list any attachments, it said "No attachments."

Knowledgeable people say this often happens when, say, your AVG antivirus
program or some other feature on your system automatically displays its
message directly into the message area, where we find it beneath whatever
someone has written, but for some reason no one has ever explained
technically, this is mistaken for a file attachment by some befuddled link
in the email chain.

And thus, the message arrives announcing that it bears an attachment, when
it doesn't.  This happens to me all the time, with messages from many people
on this list and some of my personal correspondents, as well, and it doesn't
always have to do with AVG.  So before I get worried about sinister file
attachments, I just open the message and check to see if there really is
one.

Not an answer.  But maybe helpful perspective?