Re: Annoying problem with Jaws.

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:52:14 -0700

I began having a problem in my e-mails about a week ago. It would ignore the
first suggested word while using the spell checker. Visually, the cursor
appeared to be bouncing up and down between the selections so that jaws was
losing focus for ten to fifteen seconds. During this time, speech would be lost
altogether but would return after 10 to 15 seconds. I was using jaws 5.10 build
035 and o/e 6.
I tried everything imaginable to fix the problem and finally reinstalled
version
5.0--I had it in my download files and voila--problem was solved.
I then completely uninstalled version 5.10--including directory and reinstalled
and problem was still there in 5.10 but 5.0 was still working fine.
Finally, what I did was to download version 5.1 build 0.38, I think but not
sure--anyway, using the most recent build of jaws 5 and the problem is resolved.
You might wish to try downloading and installing latest version if you don't
already have it installed.