re: Alt+ f4 saying open

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <A.Spratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 03:52:45 -0500

Adrian,

I must take exception to the following statement you made:
"> I recall, JAWS 6.0. I worked with Freedom Scientific to fix it, but they
couldn't.  I was told to describe the problem for their suggestions email,
and, as is FS's policy, I've heard nothing more."

Your assertion that FS has a policy of not following up on reported bugs is false.

I have had several occasions over the years when I contacted Henter Joyce or Freedom Scientific concerning a bug in JFW, and they have never failed to follow up with me regarding a fix. My most recent contact with them was just two weeks ago, and since that initial contact, FS has sent me three follow-up e-mails, and they have escalated the problem so it can be researched.

Sometimes bugs in a program as complex as JFW require many man-hours to solve, so it is unreasonable of you to expect an instant fix. If you want to send FS an occasional reminder about an unsolved bug, you would be wise to remember the adage: You catch flies with honey, not vinegar.

Alan