Alerts in Firefox

  • From: "Isak Sand" <isak.sand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:13:27 +0200

Hi list,
I have a Finnish version of JAWS 10. I've noticed that it can't read alerts,
like "You are logged in to Webvisum" and other alerts in Firefox, it says only
"varoitus"!" (="warning!"
When I switch the language to english, it works fine. How CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE?
Isn't it only a Finnish translation, which settings should be the same as in
the English. Is there any setting in JAWS which could solve this problem and
which could have been changed in the Finnish version for some reason. This has
occured on two of my computers and I can't believe that I would have done same
mistake on both of these, so I think that there is any setting that has been
changed by standard in the Finnish version, which is very strange, though.

I'm using JAWS 10.0 and a Finnish version of Firefox 3.5, but JAWS might be the
problem in this case, because it works in English, but not in Finnish. I can't
understand that!

Best regards,
Isak from Finland