Agent 2.0 Beta Now Testing

  • From: Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 03:23:56 -0500

I'm on the beta test team for Agent 2.0, a combo news and email client
that's been around since Windows 3.1 days--yes, even before Win95 came
out--and I've using it for about that long.  Recently, HJ/FS came up
with some nice scripts that they now package with JAWS which make
using Agent a whole lot easier than before they had them.  The problem
is, with Agent 2.0, all the window names and control ID's have
changed, not to mention probably other esoteric things about the way
the panes are shown, and HJ/FS need to be made aware of this so that
they can fix their otherwise fine scripts to work with the new release
coming out soon.  If anyone has any idea of the name of the person to
whom I should direct correspondence about this at hJ/FS, I'd
appreciate an off-list email with that info.  I'd like to keep this
excellent program JAWS-aware and JAWS-ready, and unless I start going
in there and hacking around with it myself, which is a definite
possibility I guess, HJ/FS should know this is coming so they can make
their own decisions about how to handle it.