Admin: What You Can Expect

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 00:18:30 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

As Nick has said, I am the new admin for the JFW list. I thought it might
be a good idea to let you all know what will change and what will stay the
same.

The list rules will essentially stay the same, except for a few changes in
punctuation and grammar. I will be adding one rule: Under no circumstances
will the discussion of illegal activity (cracking software, generating
keys illegally for software, including and especially JAWS) be permitted.
This should be a no-brainer, but apparently it is not.

The rules will be enforced. This won't win me a popularity contest, but
for the time being it's very much a my-way-or-the-highway approach that
I'll be adopting. I will repost the rules later today, and as I said, they
will be enforced. We can review them later if need be, but for the time
being we need to get things on track and we will get things on track. For
95% of you, who follow the list rules, this means nothing. For the other
5%, be advised.

Of interest in the current discussions:

1. Speculation about the price and future price of access technology is
off-topic. End this thread immediately.

2. No foul language of any kind is permitted. This list is and needs to
stay G-rated.

3. No discussion of any kind about cracking JAWS or even speculating on
the ability to do so.

4. Do not comment on-list about the change in list ownership. Any comments
can be directed directly to me at the list administrative address:
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce