Admin: Addressing a concern mentioned recently.

  • From: quanin <quanin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 22:55:59 -0400

The following was just relayed to me, regarding a topic that was addressed,
however indirectly, about a month back--a list regarding new products for
the blind. I post the information as it was given to me below. Any
questions, comments, etc should be directed to wil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
off-list, and not to the list in general.
James,
List Admin

***Information***
For a couple weeks, I've seen people request a list where they can subscribe
and get the latest on new products for the blind.  I just started a list for
this purpose.  It is an announce-only list.  The way it works is if a
company wanted to get word out of a new product or an update to a product,
they would send a message to

New-products@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The message would need moderator approval for posting.  Once that happens,
the word is out about the product.

To subscribe, send an empty message to

New-products-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reply to the message you receive and you're on the list.

In subscribing to this list, your e-mail will not be sold or given away for