RE: AdAwareScripts

  • From: "KAnderson" <kanderson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:03:40 -0500

Hi Dean,

I'm sorry to report that I have never managed to get the scripts to work
properly.  In response to your comments about the colors, I found the
following on my system.  First of all let me mention that on my desktop
computer, I am using Windows 98 SE with JFW 6.2.  I've tried to use the
various color options, but none of them help.  The help file said 32 bit
color is best, but the best I have is 24 bit.  Which option would you
suggest I use?

At present zero critical objects are found, so perhaps that makes a
difference.  But, I only found a scan summary tab, a negligible objects tab,
and a scan log tab.  A critical objects tab is not there.  Not that I can
find anyway.

I have a 16 color option, but haven't tried using it.

Using 256 colors, the scan summary tab is black on gray 94, and the tabs for
negligible objects and the scan log are black on light steel 1.

Using 16 bit color, the scan summary tab is black on white.  The negligible
objects tab, and the scan log tabs  are black on pale turquoise1.

Using 24 bit color, the scan summary tab is black on alice steell, and the
tabs for negligible objects and the scan log are black on light steell 1.

I do not  get anything by pressing the control tab, which JAWS tells me to
do when objects are not marked.  I do not get anything when pressing the
right arrow.  I can not route JAWS to the PC cursor.  I can not click with
the mouse buttons or access the applications menu through the application
key.  The hot keys and the help seem to work pretty good though.

Any suggestions?

Katrina