AVG 8.0

  • From: "Ann Medlar" <amedlar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 08:28:59 -0500

Hi All:
AVG 8.0 Free edition opens 2 parent windows when launched, notification window
and application window.    Well I spent many hours learning the Jaws script
language with AVG 8 only to find out that AVG 8.0 works well with Jaws without
scripts.
When I tried to indicate a multi page dialog box in my script I became aware
that to make AVG very accessible one only needs to press control+ tab to go
from  Components list application page to overview page.  Press control+tab
once or twice and focus is on buttons.  Use space bar to activate buttons or
use alt key to access menus.  i tried AVG 8 with Jaws 8, 9, and 10 and it all
seems to work after pressing control+ tab key.
I tried to get Jaws to focus on first page but I guess the designer of AVG
would not allow to focus here.  I guess AVG wants consumers to buy software
with more options.  I say this because notification window can be hidden or
shown but not closed or at least that is what I concluded.
      Ann