A new user of jaws

  • From: Ali Abdolrahmani <aabdolrahmani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:19:56 +0330

*Dear Listers:*

*my name is Ali,  33 year old. I am visually impaired and recently have
become familiar with freedom scientific products, jaws and majic. Before
this, I have been a user of zoomtext by ai squared and now I am thinking of
switching to these new products because I think they are more efficient for
me to use. Now I have downloaded the trial versions and try to explore the
features. I want to ask for your help on initiative issues before I can
become determined on using which of them.*

* *

*Early this time I have a question:*

*Either in jaws or majic, the speech always announces any key presses, for
example in desktop when I press alt+tab, or in dialog boxes when I press tab
to move on different controls. I checked verbosity settings but I couldn't
find any option to disable key press announcements. Am I wrong or there is
no option to do so?*

*I don't mean typing echo settings, but just normal key presses at any where
in windows.*

* *

*Thanks*

* *