[jawsscripts] Re: setting a frame on a temporary disappearing window

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 02:54:11 +1000

Hi Jason. I wannted to answer these questions of yours better, but I am way
behind in my emails!  I will try and get to it though over the next couple
days. though I don't have an answer to one of your questions, which I'm
certainly reminding the pro scripters out here to comment upon, for I too
have often wondered this. and that is, how to capture details of a window
that is only very temporary popup in nature?

for question 2 though, if you feel the jaws cursor is, "stuck," in it's
traversal,
and should move down further,
try using alt+shift+down Arrow, to force it over the boarder of a window or
toolTip event which might be causing it to get, "stuck."
this often happens, and it can be rather annoying to get past when it does.

I too am not a full on real scripter, so cannot answer your other questions
properly really, though I can tell you there is a way of setting a frame
upon whatever jaws may, think, is a whole window, using the doubleClick of
control+shift+LeftBracket. But, depending on when the snapShot is taken, and
whether your new Text really is contained in a control which technically
truly, is, a window, can both effect whether trying this will bring the
desired outcome. it might, for example, just set the frame upon the whole
size of the whole application window, which of course will not be at all
what you want.

People like Doug though, who've scripted chat clients like skype, will have
a huge amount of ways no doubt, of grabbing text written to the screen in
far more useful ways than the frames approach will probably allow. although
for newby scripters like you and me, I realize frames approach is the first
port of call we can jump to. to get anything auto speaking anywhere.