[jawsscripts] Re: problem in sayNonHighlightedText function, repeating information

  • From: "David Farough" <David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:55:20 -0400

How about if you store the handle in a global variable and only speak if
current handle is different?

David Farough
Application Accessibility Coordinator/coordonateur de l'accessibilité
Information Technology Services Directorate /
Direction des services d'information technologiques
Public Service Commission / Commission de la fonction publique
Email / Courriel:  David.Farough@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel. / Tél:    (613) 992-2779

>>> Jitendra <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx> 10:01 am Thursday, October 08,
2009 >>>
Hello friends, my say non highlighted text function below has a problem

of repeating the information below, see the code and suggest please.
this function re-reads the string "Hello" if we press the arrow keys,
it
is a slider, so changing value cause it to re-read this string or any
say thing, it reads it almost 3 times,
void Function SayNonHighlightedText (handle hwnd, string buffer)
Var
String Sclass
Let SClass = GetWindowClass (Hwnd)
If Sclass == "bluectr" then

SayString ("Hello")
;Say (Buffer, Ot_Control_Name )
Return
EndIf
SayNonHighlightedText (hwnd, buffer)
EndFunction
Thank you, Jitendra.
Visit and contribute to The JAWS Script Repository
http://jawsscripts.com