[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V6 #20

  • From: Paul Bonarrigo <pjbonarrigo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 07:24:54 -0800 (PST)

I like GetTheColor( ).
My two cents may be worth something, maybe not.
If you want color at the mouse pointer, it is worth mentioning that you should
enter JawsCursor mode prior to executing GetTheColor.

________________________________
From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Script for getting color at mouse pointer location?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:18:24 +1100

Hi Saylien ,

the below script was compiled & tested in JAWS 10. It should work in JAWS
13.

- just test & re-arange it for your needs...?

Regards,

Paul from Australia

Script GetTheColor ()

var

STRING sTextColor,

STRING sBackgroundColor,

STRING sTextToPaste

LET sTextColor = ColorToRGBString (GetColorText ())

LET sBackgroundColor = ColorToRGBString (GetColorBackground ())

LET sTextToPaste = "The text color at the active cursor was " + sTextColor
+"\R\N"

+ "The background color at the active cursor was " + sBackgroundColor +
"\R\N"

; this part was not part of your request, but added to clarify the output

LET sTextToPaste = sTextToPaste + "The active cursor was the " +
stringChopRight (GetActiveCursorName (), 6) + "\R\N"

+ "The character at the active cursor was '" + GetCharacter () +"' \R\N"

CopyToClipboard (sTextToPaste)

SayString ("color details ready to paste")

EndScript