[jawsscripts] Re: how safe are close variable names do people reckon?

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 00:02:55 -0400

Confirmed:  Computers are precise, and if they're different, even if
by just one character, they're different enough for a compiler.

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:56:30PM -0500, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
I think they're perfectly safe. I don't think a compiler, language,
preprocessor or anything like that will have a problem with similar but
different variables. I think the biggest danger here is with the programmer.
If the variables aren't descriptive enough or are too similar than mistakes
might be made or it might get confusing, especially when maintaining the
script or program.

--
Christopher
chaltain@xxxxxxxxx