[jawsscripts] Re: ghost

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 03:12:37 -0500

Ghosts happen when an application stops responding.  Usually this
indicates an application crash, though sometimes it just means the
application is taking a long time to do something.  I think Windows
starts answering on behalf of the application when JAWS asks for
window class and other things, so the application's crash won't freeze
everything else that comes nosing around to find out what's going on.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:51:14AM +0200, Nicol Oosthuizen wrote:
HI all
When I'm in a strange window  I press insert+spacebar to turn on the
home row and I press f3 until I get to class and I press f1 jaws says
ghost.

What type of class is ghost?

Please Note: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller