[jawsscripts] SysGetDate

  • From: "Reed poynter" <reed.poynter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:09:11 -0800

Hi Scripters,

I have a quandry...

I have a JFW script whose function is to get the system date/time and type
it in a specific format.
I have the script assigned to shortcut key Shift+Control+2.  So, I can hit
the shortcut key and insert a date/time stamp in whatever I am working on.
Up until today, this has been working great because I haven't used it in
Outlook 2003.
When I hit my shortcut key in wordpad, Word 2003 or Excel 2003, my date/time
stamp appears as:
{2012/01/11-09:34.37}.  This is what I want.

Today, I discovered that, when I'm creating a new e-mail in Outlook 2003 and
hit my shortcut key, the format is not the same as in Wordpad.  It comes out
as {January-11-12-09:38.55}.

How come?

I am running JFW 13 on a Windows 7, 64bit machine.
I have my script as follows at the end of Default.jss.

Script DateTimeStamp () ; control+shift+2

Var
String DateAndTime

Say ("Inserting the date and time", 0, 0)
;capitalized HH gives 24-hour time, mm and ss must be in lower case.
let DateAndTime = "{"+SysGetDate ("yyyy/MM/dd")+"-"+SysGetTime
("HH:mm.ss")+"}"
TypeString (DateAndTime)
delay (2)
SayLine ()