[jawsscripts] Simple question regarding sayString, in the voice you want?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 02:49:36 +1100

Guys. I have googled for this answer, as it's such a simple thing I thought the
net could tell me, but I wasn't very successful.  I'm using SayString ()
functions all over my scripts, which I heard is not the bestest Say type
function to use. initially I thought it was because of translation issues,
where other languages might be involved, hense the advantage of having the Say
messages, in the jsm file etc.
But, since I wasn't ever gunna release these to anyone else, other than the
company for which I'm  building them,
I didn't think following and learning the whole SayMessage protocols, much
worth my energies.
But, now I have gotten into a situation, where I really would like to be able
to say things, in the voice I want. I thought I could use SayMessage to do
that, but, well although I've had a bit of a browse through chm, and the
description in the assign functions box in script manager, I'm still not clear
as to how to do it. would any kind soul care to either enlighten me, or point
me in the direction I need to find out the syntax for learning to use this
thing?if this is the only way to do it?
In frames manager, I am able to assign whatever voice I want to given
SayStrings in there, and I desire the same flexibility outside of frames mode.

man frames manager is very, very cool I reckon. a most underated utility! it's
got some severely good smarts in there for not very adept scripter guys.

thanks awfully.

Geoff C.