[jawsscripts] Re: Proper Way to Merge Functions in Default

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:21:11 -0500

Not sure what your system does with the documentation .txt file, but
just FYI, I tend to put .htm documentation files in scripts I write,
linking them to a double press of JAWSKey+F1.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:15:18AM -0500, Jamal Mazrui wrote:
OK.  I've fixed a couple bugs discovered through that feedback (same URL
for March 26 version).  A problem is caused by the Merge radio button
being checked.  The documentation now makes clear that it should not be
checked for the new merge method, which relies on the comment line at the
top of a .jss file instead.  I have also made JSX first look for a
documentation file with the same root name as the zip archive, so you can
be sure that file will display if you have multiple .jss files.  Let me
know your results if you uncheck the merge option before creating your
executable and if you name your .txt file like your .zip archive.

Jamal
On
Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Donald Marang wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:33:08 -0400
> From: Donald Marang <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Proper Way to Merge Functions in Default
>
> Thanks!  It runs without errors now!
> Except if I check the "view zip folder" after" checkbox.Then I get the
> following error:
> --- start of error
> Location is not available
> C:\Users\Don\AppData\Local\Temp\is-85DNL.tmp refers to a location that is
> unavailable. It
> could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make
> sure that the disk
> is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your
> network, and then try
> again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved
> to a different
> location.
> OK
> -- end of error
>
> Additionally, I have been trying to have jsx open a text file after
> installing.  I have a file with the same base name (root) as described
> below,, and the text file is never opened in Notepad!  I now have a copy of
> that text file with the same base name as my main application (exe
> association) and another with the same base name as the last jss file
> alphabetically.  Why not?
> -- from relevant jsx help
> Installing from an Executable Package
>
> In this mode of the JSX Installer dialog, the Packager button is not
> included, and the edit box for zip archive is read-only. Also, the button
> for selecting an archive is replaced by a check box for keeping a copy of
> the archive embedded in the executable. This choice is unchecked by default.
> If checked, the Install button not only places scripts in the appropriate
> JAWS folder, but places a copy of the zip archive in the same folder as the
> executable (e.g., skype.zip would be placed in the same folder as the setup
> program, skype.exe). In this way, you also have a copy of the zip archive
> that the author created. It may be easier to look for documentation files in
> it rather than in the JAWS scripts folder. JSX will look for a documentation
> file, however, and automatically display it if found. JSX looks for a .txt
> file with the same root name as the last .jss file in the archive (e.g.,
> skype.txt). If found, JSX opens it with the default program for text files
> (e.g., with Notepad).
> -- end of relevant jsx help
>

> Don Marang

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller