[jawsscripts] Plese help with this basic script

  • From: "Alcidonislaw" <lawoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 02:49:26 -0400

Hello gang:

I am in the process of writing this script. My intention is to crawl pass a
few windows to get to the window I want to click on. However, as you will
see in my commented script, the "GetParent" function doesn't want to go pass
the first parent. What is it that I am doing wrong? Shift F2 using the
utility indicates there are more than one parent window there for me to
crawl through.

Script QuickClicks ()
var
Handle hw,
String shw

Let hw = GetAppMainWindow (GetCurrentWindow ()) ; found my focus window just
fine
If GetControlName () == "STILISTBOX" then ; This tells me I am in the window
where I want to be because that's where I need to start to crawl through its
parent, and its parent's parent.
let shw = GetWindowClass (GetParent (GetFocus ())) ; my first attempt to
crawl pass the first parent. I was successful.
If hw then ;If it is the first parent that I just found.
let shw = GetWindowClass (GetParent (GetFocus ())) ; my second attempt to go
to the next parent (after that I would have one more to go)
Say (shw, Ot_Status, false) ;it reports that I am still on the first parent.
In other words, my second attempt did not work.
Else
Say ("not found", OT_Status, false)

Endif
Endif

EndScript

Please help me understand how to crawl through a bunch of parents to get to
the one window...

Thank you

Rod