[jawsscripts] Objects and tabbing or arrowing on a webpage

  • From: "Raymond" <rh.jansen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 21:55:16 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry, I'm a bit new into the UIA object thing, but just playing around with
it to get a idea.

When I tab around on a internet webpage, and land on a button, I can get the
correct name when I use the following code:

Let o = GetUIAObjectFocusItem ()

If !o

   SayString ("no object")

   Return

EndIf

SayString (o.name)

But when I move with the tab key to another element x, and then use the
arrow keys to move to the same button above, the above code give me the name
of the element x the tab key is on, and not the name of the button where the
arrow keys are.

I know that when using the arrow keys, you are moving in the OSM and not
really on the screen, so the focus on the screen is still on the tab
position, and that's why this happens.

But how can I still get the name of the button on the location of the arrow
keys?

The function GetObjectAtPoint() does not work when I use it with
GetCursorCol() and GetCursorRow(). The GetCursor funtions without parameters
will take the active cursor which is the Virtual one, is where the arrow
keys are, and that's on the button, but the code returns nothing.

Thanks,

Raymond