[jawsscripts] Re: Microsoft UI Automation

  • From: Chad Foster <chad.foster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:10:07 -0500

Jim, yes I have that reference manual - thank you. JAWS perhaps wraps
the UIA support into the MSAA related functions e.g. GetObjectName,
GetObjectValue, etc., but I want to access it directly. I use similar
techniques for circumventing these JAWS functions (GetObjectName,
etc), via calling MSAA directly -- e.g. o.AccName, o.AccValue, etc.

Also, once we have the direct access through the scripting language,
we can walk the object hierarchy, building more rich scripting
support. I don't like to just accept the object information as paired
down by FS -- sometimes they leave out some very helpful information
in their attempts to balance the generic support built into the JAWS
product.

Happy New Year, Almost!

Chad