[jawsscripts] Re: Latex-Access

  • From: Don Marang <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:20:16 -0500

What you will need to do is make a copy of the confignames.ini file in
your shared folder and copy it to your user's settings folder and make
changes in that copy. First, go to the Start menu > All Programs > JAWS
12.0 (or the version you are using) > Explore JAWS > Explore Shared
Settings. This will open Windows Explorer to the Shared Settings folder
where all of the Freedom Scientific Scripts and associated files are
located. Find the confignames.ini file and press Control + c. Now, again
navigate through the menus, Start menu > All Programs > JAWS 12.0 (or
the version you are using) > Explore JAWS > Explore My Settings. Paste
the file by pressing Control + v. Edit this file with a text editor.
There are comments at the top to explain the format of this file. It is
used to create aliases for which script files get loaded based on the
application's name. Normally a file like WinWord.exe would load the
WinWord.jsb script binary and load it's associated files. An entry in
the confignames.ini file allows other script sets to be loaded. For
instance, the entry:

quartz=DirecTV2PC

would load my script file set associated with my DirecTV2PC.jss file
when the DIRECTV2PC application runs. The interface is handled by
quartz.dll. This can be determined by pressing Insert + q when the
application is running. .

I hope this makes sense to you. If not, I can attempt to explain further.

Don Marang
There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any
real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I
am working on things that matter. Dean Kamen