[jawsscripts] Jaws 11 testing with WPF etc.

  • From: Jacob Kruger <Jacob.Kruger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:09:03 +0200

Currently tried GetObjectContainerHelp and GetObjectDescription with various
options in both jaws 10, and the beta version of jaws 11 that's supposed to
have better UIA support, but, FWIW, in both a standard windows app and my WPF
test apps, they both return empty strings whether or not I have specifically
tried setting various properties in the coding/backend, so who knows, and this
includes AutomationProperties attributes since that's specifically what I
thought they were targeting with UIA (user interface automation)...

I have sent links to these test apps to the freedom scientific beta report
page, and have mentioned this to them since it's one of the things they
specifically said they had better support for in the new version, but let's
see...

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
jacob.kruger@xxxxxxxxxxxx