[jawsscripts] Re: JAWSWillFollowPc/TetherJawsToPC Broken in Jaws 10, 11 and 12.

  • From: "Don Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 05:06:33 -0500

The tether function must work at either the FocusChangedEvent level or
lower, such as internally.  I will see if I can reproduce your results.  It
worked the way I expected a year or two ago.  This had to be at least JAWS
9, because I jumped from 5.1 to 9.  I originally thought this was an answer
to a problem I had writing scripts for Verizon.  I will check the dates an
version I was using.  I think this was on Windows 7 as well, which would
mean at least JAWS 10.

Tethering effects much more than the movements of the focus caused by the
Tab key.  It is not desirable for this feature to be the default.  For one
thing, when using an arrow key through a menu, it will automatically open
and move into all submenus!

I totally agree with you about the ToolTip verbosity.

Don Marang
Vinux Software Development Coordinator (vinux.org.uk)

There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real
substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working
on things that matter.
Dean Kamen