[jawsscripts] JAWS Application Window Tool

  • From: Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:08:36 -0500

I don't remember the name of this tool, but I do know there's a tool
out there similar in scope and/or function to the Window-Eyes tool
which will write a report containing information about a window and
its descendeants, and if you run this thing from the main window of an
application, you can get as near-perfect a view of the window tree as
is possible to get. I want this so that I can find some hidden
controls which don't show up in the JAWS Utility Mode window, but
which are definite controls because sighted people can use a real
mouse to click them, and when they do, JAWS says things like "button"
when they are activated, so it is my aim to find them and script their
activation by forcing focus to them some way somehow.

Thanks in advance.